Flickr Widget

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fifty years from now: Britt Bonnesen

Britt Bonnesen
Britt Bonnesen (1971- ) is a Danish glass designer. She worked in the fashion industry for 10 years before starting her own home interiors shop. She is currently a designer for Normann Copenhagen and has been an integral part of the company since its inception.

Her grandfather, uncle and father worked all their adult lives as glass blowers for Holmegaard, and she gives them credit for her passion for glass design. She has a "little black notebook" full of design ideas that she plans to make a reality someday. I predict that she will continue to evolve as a designer and make a lasting name for herself in the field.

She says she takes some of her inspiration from the fashion industry, as well as the design hotel industry, which fascinates her because of its attention to detail, "from atmosphere, food, interior and the staff uniforms down to the hand soap."

Her most popular designs are the Swing vase, the Rocking Glass and the Brick cushion.

From artefolio.com.mx


Rocking Glass
normann-copenhagen.com

Swing vase
debuy.dk

Liqueur glasses for Normann Copenhagen
scandinaviandesigncenter.com

Brick cushion
normann-copenhagen.com

My Bonnesen Swing vase

10 comments:

  1. I like the humor in these pieces. The swing vase trio is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that her designs are very lighthearted. I smile every time I look at my Swing vase.

      Delete
  2. I love that she gets inspiration from the design hotel industry, when one stays in a really nice hotel room where every detail has been paid attention, it really makes you think about the way you have your own home set up and what works and doesn't. I love the color block pillows, they're very versatile, in fact I'm going to check the prices on those babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those pillows are fantastic. I'd love to have a couple of them myself.

      Delete
  3. I'm quite surprised, I don't ever remember seeing her pieces before. Love those liqueur glasses - they look like tops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both the glasses. Can you imagine your guests' initial reaction to something so out of the ordinary?

      Delete
  4. Those pillows are great -- I am so geared up to decorate for fall and those fit the bill to me. I can't wait to get my sheepskins out of hiding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love that each "brick" on the pillow is made of a different type and texture of fabric. And I'm with you about being geared up. It's all I seem to be able to think about lately.

      Delete
  5. Both the liquer glasses & the rocking glass are my favourites! Oh, and I like the post title!

    ReplyDelete