Flickr Widget

Friday, August 1, 2014

Local mid-century inspiration

A beautiful modern home by award-winning architect Josh Nimmo is for sale in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Built on a beautiful wooded lot measuring over 1.5 acres, this 2777 square foot home boasts 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Taking a cue from Richard Neutra, floor-to-ceiling glass walls blur the lines between the interior and exterior, where current owners have planted fruit trees and vines, herbs, and a variety of vegetables.

Tigerwood walls, a freestanding fireplace, and a dumbwaiter to carry groceries up from the basement level make this house unique. It is listed at $760,000.

All images from midcenturymoderndallashomes.com











10 comments:

  1. oh WOW, spectacular Dana...what a house. I could move in right now!! If only we could buy a house like that here for that sort of price :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it's a great price for the size of the lot and all the amenities. Someone is going to get a really special house!

      Delete
  2. That's so lush. I'm really interested in MC gardens at the moment. I love the grasses and gravel. This place looks perfect for you. Ray's right ... property prices in Australia are ridiculous. I second his sad face. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've really enjoyed the areas that we've landscaped with rock. I don't know why we waited so long to do it. I think it's a very authentic mid-century look.

      Delete
  3. Not a bad price at all for everything that lovely house (and lot) offers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. That's a great lot in a very nice suburb. The price seems very good to me.

      Delete
  4. Even the tree stumps look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first saw them, I said, "Whaaaaaaaat???"...just because I wasn't expecting something so rustic with such a modern house. But I kept going back to the picture and decided I really liked them. They're pretty perfect for that wooded lot.

      Delete
  5. Oh so nicely done. Thanks for sharing Dana. This is new construction? The exterior finishes are especially beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember correctly, it was built in 2011. I think the materials used are just perfect.

      Delete