Flickr Widget

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

In my neighborhood: 1963 ranch for sale

I posted yesterday about a 2 bedroom/2 bath, 2083 square foot pre-fab home in California listed at slightly over a million dollars. Although the home was beautiful, I confessed to slight sticker shock at the price. It is difficult for me to avoid a knee-jerk reaction to real estate prices in other locations, because homes are still very affordable where I live. Let me show you a house in my neighborhood that's a perfect example.

This 2550 square foot 4 bedroom/2 bath ranch was built in 1963 and has been completely renovated. It has a huge open floorplan with a large kitchen and large bedrooms. The great room and the master bedroom overlook a 10-foot diving pool and beautiful back yard through a wall of windows.

The neighborhood itself is excellent...safe, full of meticulously restored mid-century homes, less than 5 minutes away from the best shopping, restaurants and entertainment in town, near good schools and the city's world-class museums, easy access to freeways, yet far enough away to avoid the noise.

And it's listed for only $299,900.

All images from realtor.com

















6 comments:

  1. I agree, hard to believe the prices out west. One could get the same house size in Richmond Va.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's most interesting about high real estate prices is that people eventually become conditioned to think $500/square foot is a bargain.

      Delete
  2. That's fabulous. Think I'm ready to move to Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've said that about a few other areas too. Every time I see the plants in Australia, I'm ready to pack up and go.

      Delete
  3. You wouldn't get ANYTHING remotely close to this ANYWHERE in W.Australia for a price like that Dana.
    (not even in the most isolated, sparsley populated, seedy country town!)
    Prices here are hugely inflated. It's crazy. I worry about what my girls are going to do house-wise in the future....
    See you soon - in the flesh - I'm moving over! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a great price. Like Kylie's case, you'd be hard pressed to get a small unit for that price in inner Brisbane. I might move over too. xx

    ReplyDelete