Flickr Widget

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Gus...from bold to subdued

A reader spotted a blue Gus*Modern sofa in the store window in yesterday's post, so I thought I'd give her (and you) a closer look at it. It's called the Atwood, and the one we have on the floor is in a fabric called Muskoka Surf. The Atwood is available in a sectional and a chair too.


Atwood in Muskoka Surf

Muskoka Surf

Gus is definitely going bold with some of their fabrics, adding Berkeley Coral recently. I haven't seen it in person yet, but it looks like an absolutely amazing choice for someone who likes to make a statement with color.


Atwood in Berkeley Coral

Berkeley Coral

You can also get it in a gorgeous white called Cabana Hemp and a couple of gray fabrics, Urban Tweed Ink and Totem Storm, if your taste is a bit tamer.


Atwood in Cabana Hemp

Cabana Hemp

Urban Tweed Ink

Totem Storm

Atwood in Totem Storm

4 comments:

  1. Oh, be still my heart...gorgeous! How could you ever chose between those fabric colors? One of each? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had the panache to pull off the coral in that scale, because I love it. I'm not timid about color if the piece is small, like pillows or vases, but I've never ventured out that far on something large...and a sofa is about as large as it gets. :)

      Delete
  2. I am so swooning over the sofa, and the colours. Since I'm unlikely to find one in a brilliantly orange red we call poppy, I suppose I shall have to make do with grey and liven things up with poppy pillows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I use color too. I'm still a little too timid to go all out with a bright color on my sofa, but I can get crazy with pillows. :) My sofa is a black and brown tweed, but my pillows are orange/turquoise/fuchsia/olive green/Dresden blue.

      Delete