Flickr Widget

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

What's better than Marimekko?

The only thing better than Marimekko is Marimekko on clearance!!!

A couple of days ago, I made a Target run for some 22" Marimekko outdoor pillows in the Kukkatori pattern (reverses to Traktori) that are clearance priced. Only two stores in town still had them, and as chance would have it, one of the stores was near our new house. I was able to pick these up for $12.48 each (reg. $24.99).


Kukkatori outdoor pillows


Last week, I ordered a couple of other Marimekko items for store pick-up...a hammock in the Mansikkavuoret print ($19.48, reg. $64.99) and a 70" pool float in the Albatrossi pattern ($11.98, reg. $39.99)...and today I got a notification that they've come in. So it was off to Target again to get them, and it made perfect sense to pick up more pillows in different styles at that great price of $12.48. Some will go outside, while others will go in the boys' room. Too much Marimekko is never enough.


Mansikkavuoret hammock

Albatrossi pool float

Mansikkavuoret pillows (reverses to Lokki) match hammock

Top: Harka reverses to Paprika
Bottom: Appelsiini reverses to Traktori


Of course, since I was already there, I figured I might as well buy a pair of Paprika flip-flops. And, yes, I'll probably go back one more time for the Kukkatori ones too. They aren't on clearance, but at $16.99, I couldn't pass them up.  Like I said, I can't get too much Marimekko.


Paprika flip-flops

Kukkatori flip-flops

12 comments:

  1. The only Marimekko in our house is a package of paper napkins given to me by our old friend Carmel (70's Chutzpah) deemed by me too special to use ;) Target in Australia doesn't sell it and it is very pricey everywhere else. I do love it though - especially the textiles and the gorgeous frocks they made in the 70's.
    I hope you guys are settling in quickly. Try not to drink too much vino Dana (I say this as I'm downing a glass myself! Ha-ha!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad the Target stores in Australia don't carry it. I wish you could take advantage of these prices! It doesn't do for me to imbibe too much. As tired as I am, it puts me right to sleep, and I don't get anything done. :)

      Delete
  2. The only thing better than Marimekko is Marimekko on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous that they had that hammock at a store near you. I'm lucky in that the people who live near my work seem to care not at all about the Target collaborations, so usually I can get any of that stuff without much trouble and sometimes on clearance. The hammock, though? No luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of weeks ago, I bought the hammock online and had it shipped to the store. You might be able to get one that way. The price is so incredible that I hope you can.

      Delete
  4. Marimekko just makes me smile. Love the bright pillow pattern. Wow, great sale prices too. A llittle treat for you after the move. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me smile too. We're getting outdoor furniture with orange cushions, and I think these pillows will be just right. The boys have orange quilts stitched and piped with navy blue, so the colors will be good there too, and since they're sturdy outdoor pillows, they ought to hold up well to spills and pillow fights. :)

      Delete
  5. Don't you love when a designer/company teams with Target?! I love the blue and black Marimekko pillows. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do love it! The prices were reasonable for Marimekko to begin with, but the clearance prices are insanely good.

      Delete
  6. Such happy patterns- you made out like a bandit with all that great loot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll make me smile all summer, even though I selfishly and shamelessly toted it out of several Target stores by the armload. :)

      Delete