Flickr Widget

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Turkey time...with tulips

Turkey and pumpkin pie may be in the air, but the store is full of tulips...Eero Saarinen tulips by Knoll, to be precise. These early examples of the iconic Saarinen designs are in unbelievably good condition for their age.

The table is a rare 54" version, so some lucky buyer could be eating a huge Thanksgiving dinner in style.


Early 54" tulip table by Eero Saarinen for Knoll

Early tulip chairs by Eero Saarinen for Knoll



5 comments:

  1. If I was too give up my teak dining suite, I'd go with the tulip! It's a classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem to be perennial favorites that have stood the test of many decades, that's for sure!

      Delete
  2. I really think a tulip table would make a great breakfast table. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite. You may or may not know, I was raised with a set up tulip table/chairs. My oh so stylish mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, lucky you for having a stylish mother. The decorating gene skipped a generation in our family. My mom was more or less clueless and only had great things because my grandmother Mimi gave us her overflow when she bought something new. (And Mimi bought constantly!) To my mom's credit, she was the prototype for June Cleaver, other than that. She kept the cleanest house I've ever seen, and she was the most fabulous cook in the world. On top of that, she was an expert seamstress, excellent gardener...and even found time to do beautiful paintings in watercolors and oils. But decorating? Nope. :)

      Delete