Flickr Widget

Saturday, June 15, 2013

In the pop-up shop: New metal and wood pieces

We may not be in our permanent location yet, but that doesn't seem to be bothering our customers, who are very excited about the new pieces in our pop-up shop.

We have a new C. Jeré Raindrops piece in chrome...perfect to hang behind the gorgeous Florence Knoll chairs that are newly reupholstered in a Maharam fabric.

If brass is more your thing, we still have the brass version of Raindrops we picked up a couple of months ago and just got a beautiful dining table with a brass base and glass top. The person we bought it from says it's very likely Thayer Coggin, but we haven't had time to check. Whoever the maker, it's a knockout piece.

We don't generally get much Lane in the store, but who can resist their dramatic brutalist pieces? We also have a couple of sleek Dillingham side tables that are just waiting to be taken to the right home.

A really exciting acquisition is a pair of Bernhard Pedersen credenzas...one five feet long and the other seven feet long. These will be available separately or as a pair for the house that has enough room for this two-of-a-kind set.


C. Jeré Raindrops in chrome

Newly reupholstered Florence Knoll chairs

Brass and glass dining table, possibly Thayer Coggin

Lane brutalist cabinet

Dillingham side tables

5-foot Bernhard Pedersen credenza

7-foot Bernhard Pedersen credenza


My favorite new pieces are Peter Hvidt shelves and bases that can be configured in a number of ways...both shelves together for a tall bookcase, a shelf section atop a base or bases alone. Somebody is going to have fun playing with these and making a choice.




Peter Hvidt bases with shelves

Hvidt bases alone

Hvidt stacked shelves
Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces! The C. Jeré Raindrops in chrome is magical, how big is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it yet, but my SIL told me it's about 4' wide.

      Delete
  2. The Hvidt pieces? They're amazing. You always have such high-end stuff that it blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that my SIL keeps getting better and better at finding high-end pieces. He's got a great eye.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful pieces, oh yes, the raindrops sure are magical!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe we have the Raindrops pieces in brass and in chrome at the same time. We've looked for some in good condition for some time now, and right after we found the brass piece, the chrome one popped up.

      Delete
  4. The Knoll chairs, the 7 feet credenza and the bookshelve, I would buy everything, if I could. The shop has such great pieces. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll really enjoy our new website when we launch it.

      Delete
  5. oh wow, love the Hvidt pieces....I havent seen this before. Been thinking about shelving today as I was struggling to find room to store both my collections and things that are for sale :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never seen them before either. Both of the bases are spectacular with the shelving on top.

      Delete
  6. Wow, I'm in furniture overload. Love all those pieces, especially Lane brutalist cabinet. Never saw one like that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first Lane cabinet like this that we've had. I have a feeling it will sell quickly.

      Delete
  7. These pieces just have that instant sense of style and era. I love em all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly are representative of the era, aren't they?

      Delete
  8. Those mix and match cabinets are the best! Pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are crazy cool, aren't they? They're my favorites!

      Delete
  9. I love the chrome raindrops, Lane brutalist cabinet & the Peter Hvidt bases with shelves.
    Of course everything is lovely but those would be my top picks I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have either the chrome or the brass Raindrops sculpture hanging on my wall, and those cabinets and shelves are some of the prettiest pieces we've had in a while.

      Delete