Flickr Widget

Sunday, August 11, 2013

I've got my eye on you

One of my favorite films is Exit Through the Gift Shop by the British street artist who goes by the pseudonym Banksy. It is a hilarious look at shopkeeper Thierry Guetta, a French immigrant in Los Angeles, whose obsession with street art results in his own tongue-in-cheek transformation into Mr. Brainwash. 

I'm not sure who our street artist is, but I love this view of his ever-watchful eye stenciled on a column outside the store.



Alvar Aalto chair and biomorphic Italian onyx and brass coffee table...with The Eye on the column outdoors

8 comments:

  1. Very cool.
    I need to see "Exit Through the Gift Shop."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might like the film for its take on suggestibility...or downright gullibility...in the art world.

      Delete
  2. That chair sure looks inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite pieces in the store...a rare rattan Alvar Aalto chair with wooden buttons. I love the modern take on the wingback chair.

      Delete
  3. Your location looks very hipster cool. I am hoping for great things for Mid2Mod. I keep looking for an excuse to pop by Dallas and do a 2fer... If you ever see a good Mid-Century home tour in Dallas let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The White Rock Home Tour is held every spring in Dallas, and it is always great. We were one of the sponsors last year.

      http://www.whiterockhometour.org/

      Delete
  4. I love Exit Through the Gift Shop too! I must investigate and find out who this Dallas graf artist is. Very cool photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to find out too. Let me know if you get any information.

      Delete