Flickr Widget

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Technical difficulty (updated)

My blog header has disappeared. One minute it was there, and the next it was gone. I wasn't making any design changes. I had simply logged in to read comments.

I checked several browsers, and for a while, I could see it on IE, even after it was gone on others. How weird is that?

Then I rebooted. Nothing. At that point, I decided it must be a Blogger issue, so I checked several of your blogs, only to find that your headers were alive and well.

Obviously, this is well beyond my technical expertise.  However, I'm certain the problem will be solved just as soon as my SIL and daughter get to work on it. 

Yes, I trust them that much. :)

Update: And that trust was warranted, because my daughter found the image in her files and restored it. However, she, my SIL and I still have no idea what caused the problem.

I thought I had just lost my header. Then I noticed that I had lost a few images in the sidebar, so I replaced them. Later, quite by accident, I found that all the images on my post about Jens Quistgaard had been lost. Now comes the task of going through almost 1100 posts to see which ones were affected.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's even weirder, because it's not fixed on mine.

      Delete
  2. Went back to older post, then forward and it appears. It is gone above as I write comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see a header, just a huge "-" sign. Hope it gets fixed quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happened to me a few years ago...I had to add the header again, but I still don't know why it disappeared...Gremlins? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To complicate things, my daughter's laptop monitor crashed yesterday, and that's the computer the header image is on. She bought a new computer this afternoon and is setting it up now. She has to finish what she was working on, since it was due yesterday, but I'm hoping she will have time later tonight to get me fixed up.

      My vote is with gremlins too. This is too strange.

      Delete
  5. This stuff will drive you mad. Damn gremlins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see it :) ...could be a browser issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter got the header back up! Good daughter!!!

      Delete
    2. Yea!!!

      This kinda stuff can really throw you into a panic, can't it! I know just enough to know I can really make a mess of things if I start messing with the wrong HTML stuff!

      Delete
  7. I can see it. Are you using Chrome? IE is a massive pain. I only use Chrome now. Bad computer. Can't live with them, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only use Chrome too, but when the header disappeared, I did check IE and Firefox just to see if it was a browser issue. I agree with you about IE. I can't imagine why anyone would want to use it on a daily basis.

      Luckily, my daughter transferred her data to her new laptop and found the image. For some inexplicable reason, it had simply gone away, even though I was just sitting here reading comments and hadn't gone near the design template. Weird is all I can say.

      Delete