Flickr Widget

Sunday, January 20, 2013

In the store: New credenza and dining table

I just thought I was going to post twice a week for a while. I should have known better.

Between construction news and store news, there's always a little miscellaneous news. Add the fact that I'm known as a bit of a talker, and there's no way I can stick to a two-times-a-week schedule.

Anyway, why would I want to, when my SIL is getting in pieces like this fabulous credenza? It measures 65" in length, has tambour doors and is newly refinished...and it sold before I could even post about it. How could it not?


Credenza by Peter Hvitd and Orla Mølgaard-Nielsen

View of credenza open

View of credenza legs

Take a look at this impressive pedestal dining table. We saw it attributed to Milo Baughman in one eBay listing, and my SIL talked with someone yesterday who said the same, but we haven't found any proof of that yet. It is similar to some tables by Warren Platner too, so at this point, we don't know who designed it. Do any of you know? It is 66" x 38" x 28.5" and has a leaf for an additional 16". The brushed aluminum trim at the bottom of the pedestal really gives it an extra measure of va-va-voom.


Dining table, designer unknown

Top view

Closer view of side and pedestal

11 comments:

  1. Those pieces are just gorgeous!! I have a soft spot for 60s teak credenzas. Love the clean lines and the great attention to the subtle detalis. I noticed you posted more than twice this week, can't say I wasn't thrilled about that:-) I'm a talker too, can't help it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love credenzas too. I can get more excited about them than anything else we get in the store.

      Yes, I'm finding that I can't stick to the twice-a-week schedule at all. Now that I don't feel obligated to post daily, I can think of so much more to say!

      Delete
  2. The credenza with the felt lined top drawer just melts my heart:) so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. There's something really special about a beautiful credenza.

      Delete
  3. Both are really stunning! I'm not surprised that credenza is gone already. These are the absolutely hottest items that come through the door. Especially with tambour or sliding front doors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. The table has a beautiful grain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that grain is stunning. Our refinisher told my SIL that it's Honduran mahogany.

      Delete
  5. That credenza is ridiculously sexy. That is ALL I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot legs Dana, Hot! Keep talking! :)

    ReplyDelete