Flickr Widget

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Starkeld of Scandinavia

I recently became better acquainted with a Swedish website called Starkeld of Scandinavia that sells beautiful ceramics, metals, glass, tableware and other items. I posted a photo of Timo Sarpaneva Festivo candlesticks from the site back in March, but I've spent time lately giving it a thorough viewing, and I've exchanged several pleasant emails with Lars Andreasson, the owner.

The company ships internationally, and there are many pieces I wish they'd ship my way. Here are a few that I love. If you give the site a look, I'm sure you'll find just as many that make your heart beat a little faster.

All images from starkeld.com

Annikki Hovisaari for Arabia
Okki Laine for Kupittaan Savi
Oiva Toikka for Rörstrand
Stig Lindberg for Gustavsberg
 Per Lütken for Holmegaard
Nils Landford for Orrefors
Erik Höglund for Boda
Vicke Lindstrand for Kosta
Paro candleholders
Pewter candlesticks from GAB
Gunnar Ander for Ystad Metal
Jens Quistgaard for Dansk

I bought a pair of these tiny Quistgaard candlesticks not long ago. They have a base that allows them to stand up straight or lean. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment