Flickr Widget

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mid2Mod hits a milestone and MCM hits retirement age

I didn't set off any fireworks on the Fourth of July because I was saving them for the day I hit 100,000 page views on my blog, which I did yesterday! Thanks, everyone, for all your support and positive comments (and a special thanks to those of you who have come to visit me from all over the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and from as far away as Memphis, Tennessee and Ontario, Canada). I follow many of your blogs as faithfully as you do mine and enjoy them tremendously.

Thanks for over 100,000 page views!

Speaking of blogs I follow...This fueledbycoffee cartoon was featured on one of my favorite blogs--Mid-Century Austin Living--a few days agoand while we all share some readers in common, I thought I'd post this for those of you who don't follow the other two blogs yet. It's too cute to miss, especially for those of you who are nearing my age. (I just turned 63 at the end of June and have been retired since 2002, so these items are quickly becoming no joking matter. Any of you would-be entrepreneurs out there want to start cranking them out for us Baby Boomers?)


I'm still  laughing about the Noguchi tub rails and the La-Z-Boy womb chair. I need those!

15 comments:

  1. wow Dana!! congratulations.. :)..funny poster ..took me a minute to get what it was ..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sudha: Thanks so much! I appreciate you as a reader, and I love getting your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Dana! And I wouldn't mind having one of those Barcelona wheelchairs! I'd be rolling in style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AtomicAngelica: Creates a whole new mental picture for "That's just how I roll," huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations from Australia, Dana, I've still got 80000 to go for this milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @RidouRidou: You can count on a hit from me on each of your posts every day...and very often they're so beautiful I have to go back and look a second and third time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @1950sarh: Thanks! A lot of my traffic over the past months has come from your site, which I appreciate very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Dana! I wish we had the dedication of you and your readers with our blog. We'll have to work at it. It was good meeting you and seeing your wonderful store the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 100,000 congrats for being such a terrific place to visit and learn! I want that boomer womb chair, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Back2Ranch: It was so nice to visit with both of you too. having the opportunity to put faces and personalities with the tiny icons at the side of the page and knowing who's reading my blog regularly provides a real incentive to post every day. I look forward to reading more from you...posts and comments here. I hope we make it to Memphis so we can visit again soon, and I hope Texas BBQ was good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @DearHelenHartman: Thanks for being such a bunch of those page views! I always look forward to getting my daily laugh from your wonderful posts. You can only have that Womb chair if you leave all the hangy-offy things, because I need a place for my Ben-Gay and remotes. And you'll have to wait till my Papa Bear recliner is delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on all the page views! And thank you for the kind words about my blog.

    Mid2Mod is one of my favorite blogs, I wouldn't miss a post. I can't wait to get up to Dallas to see the store in person.

    Justin (aka Mid-Century Austin Living)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh - too funny. Love that cartoon!

    CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm sure you will soon be blogging about a million pageviews! Amazing!!! Love your blog, Dana.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Tanya: Thanks so much! I love yours too.

    ReplyDelete