Flickr Widget

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Burning question

OK...I know this is a design blog and not a style blog. I also know I'm a lot older than many of you readers out there and don't always keep up with things the way I used to. And I realize that a bunch of you, both male and female, won't be the least bit interested in this post. But, after all, it's just a blog post, not an academic treatise, so if I wander slightly off topic, it won't be the end of the world. Most importantly, it's my blog, so if I have a burning question, I get to ask it.

The question is this: Am I the last person on the planet to discover the Pro Longwear Paint Pot eyeshadow by MAC in the color called Painterly? If so, why didn't I get the memo?

I started out on Amazon the other day, trying to buy an old standby eyeshadow, only to find that it had been discontinued. After spending more time than I care to admit down that seemingly endless spiral commonly known as the rabbit hole, I chanced upon a whole spate of glowing reviews specifically about Painterly, so of course I had to find out what all the hullabaloo was about.

I ordered it and another color called Camel Coat, which is almost as good. I'm now a converted hullabalooer. The stuff is amazing. Texture, ease of application, long-lastingness, and usefulness as a primer, a brightener, a highlighter, or a color on its own...in every way better than any cosmetic product I've ever bought. And believe me, I've bought a lot.


hotandflashy.com

Now that I know you've been holding out on me about Painterly, I have to ask what else you know about that I don't?

And, no...MAC didn't pay me to write this post. I'm truly this in love with the product.

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of it. I only wear Mac or Nars lipsticks. I swear by both. So what it is exactly? Foundation? Blush? What are you using it for? I must admit I've stopped wearing foundation and choose to wear tinted moisturiser (Nars). I found foundation too heavy. What makeup do yo wear everyday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an eyeshadow, and I use it as brightener all over my lids, and then use a medium brown in the crease. From what I've read, many use it as a eyeshadow base, but it can be used alone too. I ordered another color yesterday that's a little darker, which I plan to use alone when I don't feel like full eye makeup. It's amazing stuff!!! I just started using Garnier BB cream after reading an article that said it performs better than most of the expensive brands. I top it with Chanel Double Perfection powder/foundation. I also discovered a new lash product, which my niece sells. It's a fiber lengthener, and it's the first one I've found that (after experimenting for a while) I can apply without clumping or flaking. It's call Younique 3D Fiber Lashes.

      Delete
  2. Never heard of it either... my only 'secret' is that I don't use eyebrow pencil as it looks too harsh and ages my face. Instead, I use a medium brown matte eyeshadow and a brush, and 'seal' it with a teeny dab of vaseline. Mindblowing, I know. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds like it would work for me too. I have always used a Clinique pencil in a color called Soft Blonde, but now that I have so much silver in my hair, the color seems a little off. Maybe I could find a good eyeshadow color and use your technique. I usually spritz a little hairspray on my brow brush to shape them.

      Delete
  3. All I can say is glad I'm a man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But we don't have to shave our faces every morning...so there's that. :)

      Delete