Flickr Widget

Saturday, June 27, 2015

A very Bagni birthday

I love Italian pottery, and one of my favorite designers is Alvino Bagni, who was mentored at Bitossi by Aldo Londi before opening his own studio.

I already have three Bagni pieces, and I'm always looking on Ebay and Etsy for more. A couple of weeks ago, I found a small vase that I loved, but I decided to take a chance that the seller would lower the price if it didn't sell. Sure enough, that's exactly what happened, and today I won the auction at the reduced price...the perfect birthday gift for myself. (Even better, when I paid by PayPal, I discovered that I had a balance from a refund I had forgotten about, so I was out-of-pocket less than $5. Nice surprise!)

The vase measures 5.25" in diameter by 6.75" high and is in that warm Bagni matte brownish-orange that always attracts me. I also find the abstract design stunning.







If you look very closely in the lower right-hand corner of the Raymor tag, you may be able to see the faint letters BAG, which was Raymor's code for Bagni pieces. I'm hoping, without the camera's flash, it will be more legible in person, but I knew what I was looking for and could just make it out.

12 comments:

  1. Score! It's absolutely beautiful and I'm sure you have the perfect spot for it in the new house. And Happy bDay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes. We just got back from Texas de Brazil, and I overindulged a bit, but it was a great day. I can't wait for my new vase to arrive.

      Delete
  2. Oh gorgeous, absolutely stunning and perfect. And Happy Birthday Dana; sending huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for the birthday hugs. It's been a wonderful day from beginning to end. The grandsons woke me up with bags of "presents" from their toy box. I'm now the proud owner of about 10 stuffed animals, as well as a sword, a shield, and a knight's helmet. They agreed to take them back to their room for safekeeping, but I'm allowed to play with them whenever I want. The vase just made my birthday better.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday Dana. So glad you got something for yourself that you love. So cute to read what the boys gave you. Bless their cotton socks. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I did have to chuckle a little when the boys started bringing in bags of stuffed animals. They're pretty funny. I'm going to start saying "Bless their cotton socks." That made me chuckle too. xo

      Delete
  4. Good job, Dana! Lovely piece and Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to "play chicken" with sellers on Ebay. I win some, I lose some. Glad this one worked out. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  5. How fabulous! Happy Birthday Dana. You did good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the birthday wishes. I think I got a good buy too. I can't wait for it to get here.

      Delete