Flickr Widget

Monday, October 12, 2015

Moving on

My son-in-law will soon be closing the doors of Mid2Mod for good. The decision was bittersweet, but he has decided it's time to move on. He will be pursuing a career in real estate...hoping to specialize in mid-century homes eventually.

A sincere thank you goes out to all the customers and all the readers of this blog who have so faithfully supported and encouraged his endeavor. Even though the store will be gone, I will continue the blog. Taking us full circle, here are some of my favorite photos from the first store on Exposition.


Almost ready

Opening day

Blenko, Blendo and the ol' shag rug

The green plush Pearsall sofa we called Oscar the Couch
(and a photobomb by the shag rug again)

Richard Schultz daybed for Knoll

Braun stereo by Herbert Hirsch

Otagiri Mercantile coffee set

Jo Niemeyer signed prints

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear this, but wish him luck in the real estate market. The store was such fun eye candy! I'm glad you'll be keeping up the blog. xo, T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's very motivated, so I'm sure he will do well. I actually started the blog about six months before he decided to open the store, so they've always been separate entities. I enjoy posting about modern design too much to stop now.

      Delete
  2. Running your own business is hard. I wish him the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He likes a more flexible schhedule than a store requires. I think he'll be happier.

      Delete
  3. That Braun stereo - my heart breaks again. Best of luck to Son-In-Law (and family) in the next endeavor. Perhaps some realtor sneak peeks into some awesome homes are in order? Cheers - CT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stereo definitely was a beauty! It's one of many piece I wish I had bought.

      Delete
  4. Dana, I love the blue (it think) couch in your recent home pics. What model is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry, it is by Joybird, and if I'm not mistaken, it is the Hyland Sectional with Bumper. It is a very dark blue fabric called Calvin Azure. I'm sure about the upholstery, because I still have a swatch, and I'm 99% sure about the style. The great thing about Joybird is that you can get every style in several configurations, and there are over 100 fabrics/leathers to choose from, any of which is available on every style/configuration. The company will even make the pieces in custom sizes.

      Delete
  5. From a reader's point of view, I hate to see it go. Then we all need to move on. Life is dynamic and that is what makes life interesting.

    Best of success in his new pursuits.

    ReplyDelete