Flickr Widget

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Retro Twister

My grandsons have decided that they want me to give them games and books for Christmas this year, along with new robes and slippers. Every year, they get a raft of toys that are played with on Christmas Day and then rarely touched again till it's time to donate them, in like-new condition, to a local women's shelter.

The idea of giving them useful things thrills me. They both love to read and play games, which is something we do as a family every night for two hours before bedtime, allowing them to unwind and be ready to sleep. (You can't imagine what a positive effect this has had in our nightly routine!)

In addition to several books apiece, I bought mostly board and card games for them, but I ran across a retro Twister game that is an exact replica of the 1966 version (the year I finished high school, incidentally), so naturally I couldn't resist getting it for them too.


amazon.com

7 comments:

  1. I've had a lot of fun over the years playing Twister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't hurt to let them do something to burn off some of that energy and have fun at the same time. Tired is good sometimes. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this, Dana! Check out a book called North Pole Ninjas. It was a big hit with the nine year old boy I gifted it to. He completed 12 good deeds in a day- he loved it.
    Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out right now. It sounds like something the boys would love. Thanks for the tip, Tina. I'm always looking for good books/activities for them, and this sounds great.

      Delete
    2. I had already finished my shopping for the boys, but I sent the link to my daughter, and she ordered it for them. I can't wait for them to get it! Thanks again for telling me about it, Tina.

      Delete
  3. Loved playing this growing up! Great choice, Dana! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they'll have a lot of fun with it, especially since it's "Old Timey style," like me. :)

      Delete