Flickr Widget

Saturday, July 21, 2012

In the store: McCobb and C. Jere'

New to the store is a perfectly compact Planner Group dropleaf table and four chairs by Paul McCobb, as well as a C. Jere' bird that is too much fun!

The McCobb table measures 57"L x 36"W x 29"H when extended, and the chairs are designed to tuck neatly into the table. The set is of solid maple construction and is in excellent condition.

The C. Jere' bird is a piece I'd never seen before, and it makes me smile every time I look at it. The sculpture is 20"H x 10"W and is made of enamelled copper with applied "dots" in delightful shades of orange, purple and yellow.

Paul McCobb Planner Group table and chairs

C. Jere' enamelled copper bird

6 comments:

  1. No one would blame you if that bird was tucked up under your arm at closing time! Tell them your going to give it a good rub with brasso! (not that you would, the aged patina looks lovely)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bird is definitely one of those things I'm tempted to smuggle out of the store. :)

      Delete
  2. I’ve just nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! You can choose to accept or decline but I wanted to let you know how great I think your blog is. The rules are below. Keep up the great work!

    Award rules:

    Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
    Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
    Nominate up to fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
    Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much for the kind words and the honor. I have participated several times before, and I've used up all my secrets, but there are some wonderful blogs that I'd like to send some love. I'll do a quick post and link to them.

      Delete
  3. I love the Mc Cobb table and chairs Dana. We are currently debating the purchase of a very special eight seater Australian retro dining suite we have found for a very good price (if it were anywhere else in Aus it would be at least twice as expensive!), husband says I can have it, but even un-extended it is huge. We don't really have the space to do it justice...Just not sure what to do...
    Love the bird x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be tempted to buy it, and if it turned out that the size was a real issue, you could always resell it and make back your money...and then some.

      Delete