Flickr Widget

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thanks to Brandy for the One Lovely Blog Award

A big, big thanks to Brandy for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog award. I think I've run out of secrets to tell about myself. Everybody knows I have tattoos and that I was a hippie and that I just turned 64. I've also revealed in the past that I taught English and was a high school librarian and that I worked for almost 10 years with at-risk gang/adjudicated students. I've talked about showing Tennessee Walking Horses when I was a teenager, being a crafter/DIYer and would-be painter in oils and acrylics. Anyone who reads my blog very often knows about my two grandsons, my daughter and my SIL, who has a mid-century store. I suppose I could tell you that I recently developed an obsession for air plants and making ceramic holders for them. And I guess I could add that I started teaching so long ago that a couple of the courses I taught...shorthand and typing (on a manual typewriter)...are no longer considered necessary skills. That makes me sound ancient, doesn't it? However, because of Ton's blog, which is listed below, I am now fascinated with vintage typewriters and what their collectors call the "typosphere." I plan to join their ranks when I find the perfect machine.


I'd like to send a little bloglove to the following people for their beautiful and beautifully written posts:

Brandy at mid-century MODERN LOVE

Nick at Mid-Century Midwest

Rebecca at mid-century modern remodel

Antay at Midmod Musings

Ton at I dream lo-tech

Stacey at a Goode house

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Dana, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ton, you're very welcome. Your blog is as beautiful as it is informative.

      Delete