Flickr Widget

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

On the market

When we made up our minds to open the store, my daughter and her husband decided to sell their house in Fort Worth and move to Dallas and live in an apartment behind the store temporarily. They call it an adventure. I call it an amazing amount of determination and sacrifice to make this business a success.

The 1950 house was officially listed today, and here are some photos:








It was quite a challenge staging the house with "disposable" furniture, some of which was bought at thrift stores and some taken from the inventory of my SIL's Craigslist business, Joe's Junk, where he sells things too good to pass up, but not quite what we want for the store. We pulled it off though and only have a few more pictures to hang before the first open  house. For the most part, we just made do with what we could, with the plan being to have a huge garage sale when the house sells and get rid of everything. Well, everything except my yellow chair, which I brought over because Grandson #1's room was empty.

13 comments:

  1. The house looks like it was staged by one of those house selling shows - fingers crossed it will sell in a heartbeat for a great price. (Ps one of my friends lives in an apt behind her antique store and loves it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fantastic kitchen! I'd be so sad to leave that home . . . but what an adventure you are all embarking on. So worth it!
    P.S. Your staging looked really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really nice house! I sure wouldn't mind furnishing it will all sorts of mid century goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous home! The staging is perfect. I'm sure they will have no problem selling this. I think the fact they have moved into the apartment behind the store shows their dedication to the store and will make for some great stories for their children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the house, but I almost dropped dead when I saw the cabinets! My kitchen is miniscule, and doing anything "fancy" to the doors would make it very busy. I LOVE the "sort of" glass doors! I didn't want full glass doors because I like to hide things, but a partial glass door is PERFECT! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS: Their dining room light is my kitchen light! Hello Ikea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The home is decorated beautifully. Love the color combos and color of the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wish i was in dallas, i wish i could buy it..and with every piece of furniture..{sigh!)

    all the best with the sale...it is such a wonderful home and thanks for sharing an eye candy with us

    ReplyDelete