Flickr Widget

Friday, January 6, 2012

One last look

2011 was a great year for Mid2Mod. We opened our brick and mortar store, as well as an Etsy store. We have bigger and better things planned for 2012, which we'll be announcing very soon, but even as we move forward, I'm giving one last admiring glance over my shoulder at some of the pieces I would have been thrilled to bring home for myself.

I actually considered buying a few of them, but my SIL and I have the clear understanding that if he offers me the super-duper MIL rate and someone comes in willing to buy a piece for the full price, they take it home. The standing joke is that we're in business to make money, not to decorate my home. (Trust me, the same rule applies to things my daughter wants for their home!)

Here's my countdown of the 10 items in our store in 2011 that I loved most...the ones that got away.

10. C. Jere' Trees Metal Wall Art


9. Salterini Outdoor Chairs


8. Danish Lounge Chairs


7. Packard Bell Space Age Stereo


6. Teak Room Divider


5. Paul McCobb Northcraft Lamp


4. Ib Kofod-Larsen Shell Chairs


3. Alvar Aalto Paimio Chair


2. Adrian Pearsall Gondola Sofa


and the one I wanted most...
1. Richard Schultz Daybed for Knoll


Even though I would have loved to own these beautiful pieces, I want to thank the customers who bought them and let you know that we appreciate your business. I am certain all the pieces went to wonderful homes where they will be treasured and handled with care.

10 comments:

  1. You have such good taste... and I don't often say that about people other than myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, 8, 6, and 4 make me the saddest - in addition to your favorite: no. 1. Well, I'm sure there will be pieces on the horizion that you'll want too and I'm sure one or two will linger in the store, just for you :)

    Congrats to the three of you for all of this well deserved success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DearHelenHartman: haha We're just blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tanya: Yeah, those make me pretty wistful too, but the daybed makes me almost want to cry! Darn, I wanted that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I'd take all of those, thank you ring me up!!! you have a gift of control. I'd never make it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Danish chairs and Room divider, must of been heart wrenching!
    On the sunny side, in this business there are more treats to come, wonder what will cross your path in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @CollectoratorToo: I'm not sure how much of it is control and how much is being a retired teacher without as much disposable income as I once had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Pippa: You're right. New things have a way of continuing to make their way into the store. Maybe this year even better pieces will tempt me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg what fabulous things! You've got such a good eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @MoonDoggie: Thanks! I have to credit my SIL with the finds. He has developed an unbelievable eye.

    ReplyDelete