Flickr Widget

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Titillating teak

At my age, not many things leave me breathless, but a gorgeous piece of teak still can.
The latest thing on my To Drool For list is a Jens Quistgaard ice bucket. I don't think I've ever seen anything with quite as commanding a presence. The svelte contours and the oversized handle keep calling my name, but until I find one at a bargain price, I will probably resist its charms.

Other look-but-don't-touch item are the $3500 Emil Milan salad bowl set and Henning Koppel for Georg Jensen ice bucket, but more reasonably priced items, like bowls and trays, can always be found on eBay. One of my favorite eBay finds is still a teak tray which holds five smaller teardrop shaped coaster/snack trays.

As much as I use and abuse my teak tea cart (which serves as a table for my laptop), occasionally my heart still skips a beat when I stand back and admire its design, especially the tray top which lifts off the cart for serving. Before writing this post, I gave it a good polish, vowing never again to mistreat my faithful friend again.




Jens Quistgaard ice bucket
modernfindings.com

Emil Milan salad set
vandm.com

Henning Koppel for Georg Jensen ice bucket
arcadja.com

Teak and silver bowls
1stdibs.com

My teak hostess set

My teak tea cart

My teak tea cart with tray removed

1 comment:

  1. I got titillating for you. Check out this CL post for a set that Jennifer and I want.

    http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/fuo/2057232131.html

    ReplyDelete