Flickr Widget

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Honestly...

We've been looking for new lines of smalls to carry. VacaValiente, a company based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, that manufactures desk accessories out of recycled leather, contacted us recently about becoming a dealer, and we're having some ambivalent feelings. We're strangely attracted to some of them, but we know they're a little unusual, so we're not sure how they would sell.

We decided to ask you.



Amigos series: Lizard - Holds business cards

Amigos series: Turtle - Top opens to hold paper clips, coins

Amigos series: Horse -  Holds cell phone, notepads

Amigos series: Kangaroo

Amigos series: Pig - Actual piggy bank for coins

Playing series: The Team - Decorative only

Playing series: The Team (a different way to connect pieces)

Playing series: Dramatique - Decorative only

From the Garden series: Leaf - Cell phone, keys

From the Garden series: Grassball - Decorative only

Origami series: Boats - Holds pens and pencils

Basic series: Waste paper basket

Basic series: iPad holder


Frankly, I'm a little smitten with the horse, the kangaroo and the entire Basic line. And I'm hopelessly in love with the leaf. How about you? See anything you'd buy?

10 comments:

  1. When I saw the first pic of the lizard I though o-oh, I'm not going to like this stuff, but as I scrolled down I changed my mind. The Basic Series is very nice, simple and modern. And I really like that piggy bank. Not so keen on the Garden or Playing series. Hope this helps???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it helps tremendously. There's no reason for us to carry items that people don't like. My SIL asked for my opinion, but he's pretty iffy about all of it. There are a few pieces I don't like at all, along with a few that I like very much, so I'm on the fence about adding it to our inventory. I'm guessing the Basic line will have general appeal. The rest, probably not so much.

      Delete
  2. I like the kangaroo and the leaf, they are cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some of the animals will appeal to people who like a bit of whimsy in their homes, but hardcore modernists won't like them at all.

      Delete
  3. I agree, I too find myself falling for the leaf! The horse is pretty neat as well as the piggy bank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Kanga, Leaf & boats. (Now if they had a Crab or Lobster I would be thrilled.)
    ;) *hehe*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How thoughtless of them not to make a lobster for you! We may have to talk to them about that. :)

      Delete
  5. I like the wastebasket and the pencil holder. And am strangely taken with the pig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it weird that most of us find one or two of the animals inexplicably compelling? I don't know what it is, but there's something about them...

      Delete