Flickr Widget

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

NOT in the store: Richard Schultz desk

Take a look at this beautiful rosewood executive desk by Richard Schultz for Knoll. My SIL sold it before he could even get it to the store, and it's so impressive that I can understand why. I would have loved seeing it, but I'm sure he was thrilled that it turned around so quickly.

Sometimes things sit for a while; sometimes they fly out the door. And sometimes they just fly.

I'm eager to get the whole story. He hadn't even mentioned to me that he had found this desk. I'm wondering if it was a grab-it-before-somebody-else-does Craigslist purchase and if someone stopped him on the street as he was loading it into his trailer and bought it on the spot. Believe me, much stranger things happen in this business.


Rosewood executive desk by Richard Schultz for Knoll

6 comments:

  1. Definitely my kind of desk. Not surprising that it flew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that chrome trim pretty? One sharp desk!

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you concur, as I highly value your built-in Sharpness Meter. :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty desk! Reminds me of an incident some 10 plus years ago of a table and four chairs I'd rehabbed to put in my wifes old location in South Tampa. A young couple that were dealers in her store caught me starting to unload, asked the price and I sold it without even having to unload. Took it straight to their home. To my chagrin, I later found out it was a Paul McCobb planner group dining table and 4 chairs. Still made a nice profit although had I known then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, things like that really do happen...people buying things off our trailers, as well as our selling things too cheaply before we figure out what they are. As you well know, it's not always the case that we get the bargains. We often give them too...LOL

      Delete