Flickr Widget

Saturday, October 13, 2012

In the store: Work or relax?

For most of us, that's a pretty easy question to answer. But when you have to choose between working at a beautiful desk with a floating top in the style of Kai Kristiansen or relaxing in a Gus* Modern glider rocker with matching gliding ottoman, it might be harder to decide than you think!

These pieces just made it to the floor this week. Which would you take home with you?


Teak desk in the style of Kai Kristiansen - Drawer side

Teak desk in the style of Kai Kristiansen  - Display/bookcase side 

Gus* Modern Sparrow glider rocker and glider ottoman

Gus* Modern Sparrow glider rocker and glider ottoman - Side view

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm starting to feel guilty about causing you so much gastric distress...;)

      Delete
  2. The desk please. It's utterly, utterly beautiful. And practical too. The perfect combo. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all those cubbies for displaying things. Wouldn't it be fun trying to decide what to put in them? I can picture some of your great vases with the amazing plants you find for them.

      Delete
  3. That rocker with ottoman would be great for my office, I need to rest my knees after hours on a work chair. But having said that, the teak desk is really perfect for my study area at home. My interest would all integrate on that desk- books on the right display shelf, DVDs on the left, and my small Olivetti Lettera 22 typewriter on the middle, computer on top. See, it was designed for me.

    Such a pleasant problem, Dana. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ton, I think you've just made an airtight case for a road trip to Texas. :)

      Delete
  4. I would glide through the day in that beautiful rocker all the while staring at the most handsome desk ever. A match made in heaven I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's my idea of a creative choice...all the benefits of that amazingly comfortable glider without having to sacrifice the beautiful desk. And you've gotten out of working too! Brilliant!

      Delete
  5. I would happily blog from that desk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, that would make a mighty nifty blogging desk for someone. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm curious. Could you tell me what the desk went for? I have the same desk and I'm trying to figure out what to price it at. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I don't work at the store, so I don't know, but I think you might still be able to see a price on our web site mid2mod.com.

      Delete