Flickr Widget

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Color palette generator

Fellow blogger Justin from Mad for Mid-Century mentioned the site Movies in Color in a recent post, and it reminded me of a color palette generator that I've used when choosing colors for my home. It's called Chip-It, and Sherwin Williams offers it as a service to customers wanting to find paint colors.

However, I've found it equally helpful in shopping for furniture and accessories. If I see a photo with colors I like, I save the image and go to Chip-It. There I can create a color palette of Sherwin Williams colors, then stop by one of their stores and pick up the paint chips. They tuck conveniently into my purse so I can use them when shopping.

(Just a note about how to use Chip-It...When you upload your image, the program will generate a primary palette. If you want more colors, click Edit Colors, and a secondary palette will be created. Paint names will appear when you hover over the new colors.) Of course, that won't work on the images below, since they're just screen shots.


My living room palette

gregnatale.com

houzz.com

arkpad.com.br

gregnatale.com

dailyicon.net

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this idea Dana. Lots of eye candy in these photos. Fantastic color combos in your beautiful living room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such an easy way to create a new color palette for your home, and it takes the guesswork and hesitation out of shopping. No more standing in a store asking yourself, "Is this going to work, or will I have to return it??"

      Delete
  2. I have needed something like this. I have big decorating issues. I am drawn to bright colors and repulsed when I get them home. I need to always remember to NOT buy expensive bright non-returnable things in bright colors. I broke this vow last weekend and only regret it with one of the purchases. **sigh**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every photo I've ever seen of your home has been gorgeous. I can't imagine that you'd buy anything garish. Your taste is impeccable. What did you buy that you didn't like when you got it home?

      Delete