Flickr Widget

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Simpson Door: Source for contemporary and mid-century styles

If you're looking for modern doors, including mid-century styles, Simpson Door may be your answer.

I arbitrarily chose models 49901 and 49906 and emailed the company, asking for base prices for standard 31.5" x 81.75" paint-grade exterior doors. A representative of the company responded, letting me know that pricing for those two designs (#49901 and #49906) is $1,400-1,500 for the exterior doors, depending on the wood species selected and local market conditions, which I consider a very competitive price.

They have a really nice selection, from which I've only chosen a few for today's post. Tomorrow's post will give you a look at the impressive selection of glass they have.


houzz.com

houzz.com

Model 49901
simpsondoor.com

Model 49906
simpsondoor.com

10 comments:

  1. Oooo, right up my alley. I'd love to know prices, so hopefully they get back to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several dealers in Minnesota, so this might be a source for you.

      Delete
  2. I recognise many of those styles from my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! My SIL managed to get his hands on an original one, and he's going to have it restored.

      Delete
  3. I think I would go for 49901 upper right or the very next row on the left. I think I have mentioned before that the sun sets on the front of the house, so it does hinder from quest for doors with lights and glass. My husband will veto initially so I have to work up energy to achieve my true desire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like those models too. However, I have a western exposure too, and I have a solid door with narrow sidelights that can be covered when the sun is at its worst in the afternoons.

      Delete
  4. Hi Dana, Troy Brown from Brandner Communications replied to your request for pricing the day after you emailed Simpson customer service -- perhaps the email got caught in your spam filter. We'll resend that message. Simpson Door Co.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that! I check my spam folder often, but maybe I missed it. I look forward to receiving that email.

      Delete
  5. The pricing for those two designs (#49901 and #49906) is $1,400 - $1,500 for the exterior doors, and depends on the wood species selected and local market conditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very competitive. Thanks so much for that information. I'm sure my readers will appreciate knowing that.

      Delete