Flickr Widget

Sunday, August 28, 2011

In the store: Dining set and sideboard

We hit an auction today and ran into our friends Scotty and Liz from Retro Revival.  We picked up a large three-piece wall unit, a couple of sideboards, a room divider, a some dining room furniture and a couple of crystal decanters.

Here's what's on the floor so far:

This great teak dining set has a pop-up leaf,
and the chairs are upholstered in shades
of gray, charcoal, black and orange on white.

Close-up of upholstery

Majken upholstery fabric*
ikea.com

This large teak sideboard has a dropfront bar,
nice pulls and lots of storage space..

Two vintage crystal decanters: The one on the left
has a geometric design, while the one on the
right has an etched floral pattern.

*Thanks to Vintage Hunter for the information about the fabric...and for showing us the beautiful curtains made out of it.

11 comments:

  1. Very nice design on the upholstery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @I dream lo-tech: I'm fairly low-key about my dining room upholstery, but for some reason, I love these chairs. Whoever buys this set is really going to have a dramatic room. And I don't know how they'll be able to leave the Blendo drink set behind. It's gorgeous on that table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a thing for black, white, gray and red/red-orange color design. My Studio is that color scheme, and the living room, if I ever get that done. :)

    Hotter than a pistol here, hope it's cooler in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @1950sarh: I don't have much black or gray in my home decorating palette, but I've been drawn to it so much lately that I think there will be some changes soon.

    And, no, I don't think we're any cooler here. It's going to be around 107 for the next several days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The upholstery on those chairs is brilliant! I've got a set of four dining chairs that I need to redone, I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on a fabric yet. I absolutely love this. That sideboard is A-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Flo: I love that fabric so much that I'm looking all over my house for something to recover with it or a similar pattern. If I find any like it, I'll post the information.

    I hope someone comes in and buys the table/chairs and sideboard together. They aren't a "set," but the teak is all the same color, and they look fabulous together. We have a credenza/sideboard with white pulls that would look great with the table/chairs too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fabric is from IKEA. I just made some curtains out of it. (Still need to get those on my blog.) Only $8 a yard!

    Love that teak sideboard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Vintage Hunter: Yay! Thanks for the information. There will be some happy people out there now that they know where to find it and know that it's not $70 a yard...me included!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad to report, IKEA no longer carries this Majken fabric. Thanks for showing me the chairs in this post; I'm ready to recover my chairs and hoped to use the same fabric. The search is on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you live? It's still showing up on the U.S. IKEA website, as well as several other countries that I checked.

      Delete