Flickr Widget

Friday, April 20, 2012

Blenkonormous

Yes, that's right. More. Just not quite as much as we had initially anticipated. We thought at first that our consignor was going to bring 100-200 pieces, and we had no idea where we were going to put all of it, much less have time to price it and get it on the website, so it was actually a relief to get a fraction of that.

Trust me, though, what this batch of Blenko lacks in quantity, it more than makes up for in size. We're talking a 43-inch floor vase, people. That's as tall as an average seven-year-old child...or the average stand-alone washing machine...or George the Great Dane, Guinness record holder for Tallest Dog Ever. (I know this because I googled 43 inches is the average size of what?) Not all the pieces are that tall, but they are impressively large.


Blenko #7235 43" floor vase by John Nickerson

Blenko #7432 38.75" floor vase by John Nickerson

Blenko #5410 16.75" Bird  by Wayne Husted

Blenko #6521 14.5" decanter by Joel Myers

Blenko #5815 genie bottle lamp
We have 3 of these!

Blenko floor vase

Update (4/21/12): Would you believe that the largest floor decanter is actually 46" tall, instead of 43"? I was at home when I wrote this post, and the decanter was at the store, so I looked up the measurement on another website. When I looked it up today in the original Blenko catalog, I found out that all my research about things 43" tall was for naught. So what is 46" tall...besides this ginormous piece of glass?

13 comments:

  1. oooh, love them all but the green decanter is my favorite! stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orange lamp is killing me. How much are you asking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have three of them, and they're close to 40" tall with shades. They're $475 each.

      Delete
  3. Whoa! Worth it, but out of my league!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of my league too! I'll forever have to look longingly at the big Blenko pieces.

      Delete
  4. I like the genie bottle lamp the most. I have a new appreciation for glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those lamps are killer in person. We're ordering shades for them now.

      Delete
  5. Green, green, green for me! Lovely pieces, keep the photo's coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, believe me...there are more. I just identified another batch. :)

      Delete
  6. Wow to all. The genie bottle lamp is magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original genie bottle decanter that those are made from is one of my favorite Blenko designs.

      Delete
  7. I have a huge Blenko lamp that was a decanter factory converted to Lamp by Joel Myers (according to family history. They were from Milton). Would love to have someone look at it. Still has the original flaming finial.. Mint Condition..

    ReplyDelete