Flickr Widget

Monday, June 18, 2012

Mini mid-century

Until I ran across two delightful blogs called Mid Mod Mini and My Mini Mod Pod, I had no idea there was so much miniature mid-century furniture on the market. Naturally, I had seen the Vitra miniature chairs, which sell for hundreds of dollars, but that was the extent of my knowledge of tiny furniture.

I encourage you to take a look at these sites, because what you see there will amaze you. The scenes these hobbyists create are so detailed you'll think you're looking at a real house.


from Mid Mod Mini
from Mid Mod Mini
from My Mini Mod Pod
from My Mini Mod Pod

Take a look at some of the dollhouses and furnishings on the market now. I'm blown away by the beauty and accuracy...and by how much cheaper they are than the Vitra pieces.


Bennett dollhouse
brincadada.com
Emerson dollhouse
brincadada.com
Miniature George Nelson Marshmallow sofas
elfminiatures.co.uk
Miniature George Nakashima Concordia chairs
etsy.com - minisx2
Miniature Poul Volther Corona chair
elfminiatures.co.uk
Miniature Eames rocker
elfminiatures.co.uk
Miniature Jens Risom lounge chiar
elfminiatures.com
Miniature Arne Jacobsen Swan chair
elfminiatures.com

14 comments:

  1. The detail is just astonishing! I could almost sit on those chairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look amazingly real, don't they? I can hardly believe they're miniatures.

      Delete
  2. Intriguing hobbie, I could handle a few small treats myself, great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wouldn't mind having a small collection of some of the chairs on a shelf by themselves.

      Delete
    2. Agree! That would be great in those white square storage shelves!

      Delete
  3. You know my thoughts on a great dolls' house! Long live girldom!

    What beautiful houses and furniture. Thank you Dana, gorgeous! The brincadadas a smashing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't a real girlie girl, but I always had a fascination for dollhouses. These are just too fabulous!

      Delete
  4. Hi Dana,
    I just want to say thanks for the mention on your blog. I enjoy reading your blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, thank you so much, Dana. Opened my feed reader today and there was this post...cool.
    In case those of you reading Dana's fabbo blog haven't been seduced into the micro-verse of miniature obsession by the above post -
    I suggest you visit http://www.puppenhausmuseum.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I was so impressed when I found your blog that I just had to share it with everyone who reads mine!

      Delete
  6. I just found your blog and I am so impressed, you have a fan, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked what you found here and will be back regularly.

      Delete
  7. Oh my word! These are incredible! I've always loved dolls houses but these are really impressive! It's amazing how much detail can be added to the miniatures.

    ReplyDelete