Flickr Widget

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Zombie Prom

I mentioned earlier that I saw Zombie Prom, a musical production at the Backdoor Theatre in Wichita Falls, Texas, over the weekend.

Set in the 1950s at Enrico Fermi High, it's the story of teenage love that almost bombed, as well as the power of the nuclear family. The talented young cast burst upon the stage in stellar song and dance routines and comedic lines, receiving one explosive round of applause after another.




I'm out of  really, really bad atom bomb/nuclear waste puns, but let me encourage you mid-century lovers to head to the Backdoor if you're within driving distance. Take a bottle of your favorite wine and enjoy the show.

Zombie Prom is directed by Kathy Jackson and runs through June 16. Visit the theatre's website for details.

Gail Smith, executive director of the Backdoor Theatre, graciously provided me this photo of the cast.


Zombie Prom cast
backdoortheatre.org

No comments:

Post a Comment