Flickr Widget

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Let the good times roll

Why worry about your party venue when you can roll the party wherever you go? I love mid-century bar carts, and these are some of the most beautiful I've seen.


Franco Albini and Franca Helg for Poggi
1stdibs.com

Vintage Argentine bar trolley
1stdibs.com

Hans Wegner bar trolley for Andreas Tuck
denmobler.com

Illums Bolighus bar cart
etsy.com - ReviverLabs

Alvar Aalto bar cart
1stdibs.com


Remember when we had one like this in the store? I would have loved to have it, but it was swooped up quickly. No surprise, since its small closed size was so handy to put anywhere, and it's expanded size was so impressive.


Glasdam Jensen bar cart (closed)
1stdibs.com

Glasdam Jensen bar cart (open)
1stdibs.com

8 comments:

  1. Bar carts are so versatile, I'd love to have one. My favorites among these are the Wegner and the Aalto. Love the soft, fluid lines on those!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things I didn't have space for when I moved was my beautiful bar cart. It's on consignment with one of my SIL's dealer friends, but it hasn't sold yet. Now that we're discussing buying a larger home, I'm hoping it doesn't sell so I can use it again someday. If I could afford one, I'd love to have an Aalto bar cart. We've never had one in the store.

      Delete
  2. Very nice looking carts. I wonder who copied who on the Argentine. It sure looks like a Tektronix Scope-Mobile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to look that one up. :) Who would have thought a bar cart could look so much like an oscilloscope cart, but it sure does!

      Delete
  3. The first three, I like very much. The Argentine bar trolley is so nice and sleek.

    Speaking of party, I declined an invite to a Superbowl party. It's like, "Everyone's going to be couch potatoes all afternoon and evening, now I can retreat in a corner quietly and do something creative like read and write." ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably less interested in football than anyone on the planet. In fact, I can't remember a year when I knew who was even playing in the Superbowl...or cared. This year is no exception. I spent the first part of the afternoon working on a Coursera course on Moralities of Everyday Life that's being offered through Yale. Now I'm going to take a nap. :)

      Delete
  4. They are all so fabulous, but the Argentine is my fav!

    ReplyDelete