Flickr Widget

Saturday, June 11, 2011

In the store: High fidelity

The first item that sold when we opened the store was a beautiful Canadian stereo by Fleetwood.  Almost every time a customer looks at our hi-fi sets and stereos, the units trigger a memory of a similar one in a childhood home or at grandma's house.

My SIL makes sure each one is in great working order before he buys it, so they're not only beautiful, but they also sound amazing too. Which is your favorite?

Fleetwood


1964 Emerson

Packard Bell "Spage Age"

1966 Motorola - My personal favorite

9 comments:

  1. I'd have to go with the Packard Bell. I like the little wheels on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Motorola. Do you remember the ad campaigns by Charles Schridde?

    http://midcenturymania.blogspot.com/2010/01/more-motorola-ads-by-charles-schridde.html

    I posted several of the ads on my blog awhile back. They are amazing. I love my Motorola!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I already have a 50's Packard Bell TV, so I HAVE to get that Packard Bell Hi-Fi! Please send it to me. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I LOVE these! If I had enough space/money I would totally have a hi-fi and a mod bar-cart. looooooove <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I have a 1959 Motorola (http://practiceintime.blogspot.com/2010/03/and-were-back.html) I am partial to that, but I really like the compact-ness of that Packard-Bell. For the life of me, I can't figure out why more people don't use these as consoles/stands for their flat screen TVs; they have so much more style than any of those cheap shelving units. I know ours also has tons of room inside- enough to hide a DVD and cable box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had the 1966 Motorola. I remember fondly playing Firestone Christmas albums on it every year starting around Thanksgiving and the first snowfall. The last time I used it was to play a song for my sister’s engagement party when the stereo console was already about 27 years old. Would love to have another one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fan of the Packard Bell one too...love the color contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have console record players for sale?

    ReplyDelete