Flickr Widget

Thursday, June 9, 2011

To buy or not to buy?

If you've read my blog for very long, you know that I love Jens Risom's designs. When I thought I might get the orange daybed, I knew I would have to downsize my 4-seater sofa, and I found a Jens Risom 2-seater sofa in Houston, which is a reasonable drive from the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and we've been saying for a few weeks that we need to make a buying trip to Houston anyway.

The sofa still has the original striped fabric, which I'd want to change...adding several hundred dollars to the already hefty price tag. Nevertheless, I'm very tempted to buy this sofa and keep looking for a daybed similar to the orange one. I love the gorgeous Risom lines of this piece, and the dealer has already refinished the legs. Can you tell I'm working hard to talk myself into this purchase?

What do you think?

All images: metroretrofurniture.com

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece .... the way the outside back is cradled by the frame is delightful. It has 'buy me' written all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been my experience, if it calls to you, buy it, or spend the rest of your days regretting. After all, if you "find one better", you can resell this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it has a deep royal blue and yellow..reminds me of hollywood regency married to mcm...my thgt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lines!! I see it in a bold solid color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fine feel the striped fabric with bold blue lines gives. The legs are elegant, minimal.

    Read your guest post at Sudha's blog. Your great-grandma's large vase is lovely, and the doors have so much character.

    Sorry about Carl. The candles are lovely, set nicely in the candle stands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beauty. I was in a similar situation with a chair I wanted but which wasn't perfect. I went for it, and everytime I sit in it, it makes me happy.

    If it makes you happy, go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buy, buy, buy!!! Such a gorgeous piece. Nice scale and looks COMFY. This kind of quality + new upholstery makes a good forever piece that is impossible to feel guilty about.

    ReplyDelete