Flickr Widget

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Large, luxurious lighting

One of the most spectacular lamps I've ever seen is this tall cork and teak beauty. Standing 45 1/2" high, it's a massive piece, but that's not its most striking characteristic. Everything about this lamp says quality. The cork body has a beautiful teak inlay and base. The nubby fabric shade has the same meticulously applied teak pattern.

Right now I have a pair of walnut end tables with matching gourd shaped lamps at each end of my sofa. If I find the right daybed, I plan to position it perpendicular to one end of the sofa and use only one table at the opposite end, and then I may snag this lamp from the store. Till then, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't sell. But I'm saying that very softly, because it seems as if everything I pick out for myself flies out the door lately.

Large cork lamp
Close-up of lamp inlay
Close-up of shade

5 comments:

  1. Ya know...the devil really is in the details! I didn't think much of this lamp until I got a closer look at those gorgeous inlays. That is a good looking lamp. I'd be proud to have it in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is because you have good taste! That is a fantastic lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know lamps are my weakness and that one made me break out in a cold sweat. I've never seen details in teak like that. Spectacular.

    ReplyDelete