Flickr Widget

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Let's play Name That Designer, Part 2

The SIL ran across an interesting chair the other day. A woman had several pieces of mid-century furniture on Craigslist, and when he went to look at some of it, she had more things that she hadn't listed. The chair was one of them.

She said she was still researching it, so she hadn't priced it yet. I hope she's having more luck identifying it than I am. Even though there's something about it that's very familiar, I can't quite put my finger on what it is. The closest I've found is the Mademoiselle rocker by Finnish designer Ilmari Tapiovaara, but the back doesn't taper enough and isn't woven, the top isn't the same and the rocker is different. (When I say that out loud, it sounds like there's absolutely no similarity at all, huh?)

If you know who designed this chair, I'd love for you to share the information!

Mystery chair
Close-up of back
Mademoiselle chair by Ilmari Tapiovaara

7 comments:

  1. @Mr.Modtomic: Cool...maybe they've found out more about the chairs, even though they're already sold. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see stuff like that I never think about designers I think - how can I sneak that into the house and pretend we've had it forever? Your blog really makes me think about the nature of my finds in new ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DearHelenHartman: Shoes are so much easier. You just leave them in the trunk of the car for a few days and then say, "What? These? Oh, I've had them for a while!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a clue but I'd let it live in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loos like a cross between zen like japanese art work and scandinavian wonder!!

    ReplyDelete