Flickr Widget

Friday, September 30, 2011

In the store: Big Bertha's home...along with a mighty large ship

My SIL and daughter brought home a trailer load of great things from Denver, including some pieces won at auction several weeks ago, the white Milo Baughman chair I included in a post about Craigslist finds not long ago, and several more things they located while they were there.

The Bertha Schaefer sofa is finally home, and with it is a large, signed C. Jere' ship.  I'll save two pieces of mirrored wall decor that appear to be in the style of Neal Small (but not confirmed as such yet), a Herman Miller tulip table, a pair of Tapio Wirkkala vases, a 41" architectural swung vase, the Baughman chair (plus two more he got from the same seller) and two Danish chairs for later posts, when my SIL has had time to photograph everything.

He says pictures don't do the sofa justice, and he's absolutely in love with the big ship!

The Bertha Schaefer sofa, in all her glory
Signed C. Jere' ship

Another new set on the floor is this teak dining table and four matching chairs with original blue velvet upholstery. They didn't come from Denver, but from a local auction.

Teak gateleg table and four chairs

6 comments:

  1. The color is gorgeous. Your shop must be like a wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @DearHelenHartman: I haven't seen it in person yet, but Joe says the colors are so spectacular that he really can't capture them in a photo. I have a feeling it's pretty magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Periwinkle Dzyns: You may have to arm wrestle my SIL for that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @I dream lo-tech: My SIL is acting like a kid with a new toy. He loves the thing! He's already located another one and plans to buy it too.

    ReplyDelete