Flickr Widget

Thursday, September 15, 2011

In the store: Fish and fiberglass

My SIL picked up the coolest lamp the other day...a little black ceramic number on wire tripod legs which has a white fiberglass shade with black splatter. It's decorated in a "fish, starburst and squiggle" design that looks like a combination of hieroglyphs and abstract art.

The lamp stands 26 1/2" high with a shade diameter is 14", making it the perfect size for a desk. It is in wonderful condition...and is yet another piece I'm tempted to take home for myself.



Update:  This sweet little lamp didn't last anytime after I posted about it. A friend of ours liked it as much as I did and had my daughter bring it to her at work. (Thanks, Terry! I need people like you to keep me from buying up all the inventory.)

9 comments:

  1. What was the deal with cave drawing fish and such in 50s homeware? I have a tablecloth from Calif, Handprints like that - it's just weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool looking lamp. I can imagine how you might be tempted to keep a lot of things you are selling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple decorative bowls with that similar fish design. I love it! Love the lamp, too, of course. Yeah, I'd take it home too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are ya sure the shade isn't on upside down? (Nudge nudge wink wink!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @DearHelenHartman: I don't know what the fascination was with fish...but you sure see that motif a lot, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @I dream lo-tech and 1950sarh: Yep, he may have to pry my fingers off this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mr.Modtomic: OMG...I'll be paranoid about that from now on!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very cool lamp! Haven't seen one quite like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Vintage Hunter: I haven't seen one like it either, and I need to do some research and find out who manufactured it.

    ReplyDelete