Flickr Widget

Friday, September 16, 2011

In the store: Mysterious metals

My SIL happened upon a little nest of cool metal pieces a few days ago in a lot with china, plasticware and glassware that he knew to be vintage. I'm attempting to identify the metal items, but some are unmarked, and the ones that are marked are proving to be very elusive. Of course, when I least expect it, I'll run across them somewhere when I'm researching something else. Until the mystery is solved, they have a nice vintage look and will display well.

The stainless steel and teak coffee set is from Italy, and the markings appear to be a W superimposed over a T, but I'm not familiar with the brand. If any of you know the name of the company, I'd love to hear from you.

The smaller, slightly asymmetrical trays are marked Beram Rostfrei. The larger trays are 18/8 stainless but have no manufacturer's name. The larger sugar and creamer with light wood handles are not marked at all, nor are the salt and pepper shakers.

3 comments:

  1. i saw one such tray in a local goodwill...:)awesome set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have see a piece like those here and there but never whole sets. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I really love the first set pictured.

    ReplyDelete