Flickr Widget

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Eva Zeisel furniture

When someone says Eva Zeisel's name, most people think of her beautiful china designs, but did you know she designed furniture too? Zeisel, who died in 2011 at the age of 105, had an incredibly long and successful career, designing her first metal teapot to celebrate her 100th birthday.

Here are some of her furniture designs, which were outside the usual realm of her ceramics designs but beautiful nonetheless.


Resilient folding chair
moma.org

Lounge chair
ampersandvintagemodern.com

Coffee table
gearcrave.com

5 comments:

  1. Love her designs, Dana, especially the coffee table. I have a couple of her ceramic pieces purchased from Design Within Reach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that table base provides a nice contrast to the egg chair.

      Delete
    2. I agree! The simplicity of the egg chair plays nicely off the carved table base.

      Delete
  2. Love the orange resilient chair but why do I feel that I will topple over and break my bones when I sit on it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way it looks, but now that you mention it, it does look a bit back-heavy. While the chair itself is resilient, maybe she only hoped you would be too. :)

      Delete