Flickr Widget

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

West German pottery: Bückeburg

Bückeburg Keramik operated in the town of Bückeburg, near Hanover in Lower Saxony, Germany. The company started in 1912 and continued in operation until 1971. They didn't produce in large quantities, but their pottery tended to be of high quality.

Bückeburg produced vases and wall plaques, which often were decorated with fish and images of vases and flowers. The wall plaques, known for their exceptional quality, are usually signed by Helge Pfaff, their primary designer, while other pieces are unmarked or have stickers, ink marks or are stamped with the company symbol and name. The company generally used very dark brown clay.

From potsandpots.com and ginforsodditiques.com


20thcenturyforum.com

hisell.de

ebay.co.uk - tradenexpo

ebay.de - gun043

retrofatlava.com

glaskilian.de

fatlava.net

20thcenturyforum.com

potsandpots.com

rgm-world.de

potsandpots.com

10 comments:

  1. The third piece with the fish design looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been a very popular pattern at the time, because I found photos of it in lots of different colors. I think it's great too.

      Delete
  2. These are all so stunning! The second picture is my favorite, but I do agree the 3rd is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with that little box when I was writing this post. Isn't it fantastic? It would be perfect in my collection.

      Delete
  3. These are both graceful and unusually vibrant; love the second and third photos but it's the 4th which really stole my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fourth piece epitomizes "hearth and home" to me, for some reason. I think it's lovely.

      Delete
  4. Oh I like the tile with the pottery on it! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could have one for my home, that would be my pick too.

      Delete
  5. Ohhh I love it all.....one I haven't come across before....love the tiles, and the bulls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never run across this manufacturer either, Ray. It looks like very high-quality stuff.

      Delete