Flickr Widget

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Modern water hyacinth and rattan furniture

Recently I saw two collections of indoor/outdoor furniture by Onyx that I think are so much fun! They were designed by Gaetan Van de Wyer and are modern, organic and sculptural. One group is made of woven water hyacinth, and the other is rattan. Take a look at a few of the pieces that are available.

From onyx-furniture.com


Oxbow sofa in water hyacinth

Spoon chair in water hyacinth

Bulb chair in water hyacinth

Moebius sofa in water hyacinth

Moby chair in rattan

Moebius sofa in rattan

Loop stool/table in rattan

3 comments:

  1. What organic shapes; the Spoon chair would be a perfect spot to sit and meditate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Spoon and the Bulb. I would have been in heaven as a kid if I had the Bulb chair to read in.

      Delete
  2. Really nice stuff. I am kind of hunting for unique outdoor furniture. Love (love) the Moebius chair. How did you get the opportunity to view?

    ReplyDelete