Flickr Widget

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Red much?

If you're a fan of red West German pottery, then you're in luck, because eBay is inundated in it right now. When I opened my saved searches on the site, I was amazed by the number of red pieces listed, and when I realized they were almost all from the same seller, I was even more astonished. It appears that keramik-kid either got a bargain on a truckload of red fat lava pieces (many of which aren't identifed in the listings, so you'll have to do your homework) or has decided to redecorate and change color schemes. Here is just a sampling of the red, red and more red pieces currently offered by this seller. The auction is scheduled to end tomorrow.

All images from ebay.com













4 comments:

  1. Some great pieces there....odd to list so many red items at once though....maybe they were part of someone's collection...I find it is always the most popular selling colour of WGP along with orange...always seems to draw people in. I really like the Copenhagen Easter egg on this sellers site too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the seller must have gotten a great price on a boatload of red pieces from someone's collection. I didn't really look at the rest of the seller's items for sale. Maybe I should have a look.

      Delete
  2. It appears many of these pieces did not sell at the set price and have now been relisted, including some real beauties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My post didn't give people much advance warning before the auction ended. Maybe now they'll have a second chance to buy one of these pieces.

      Delete